Insight Meditation Silent Retreat
with Bob Stahl and Jan Landry
“Cultivating Wisdom and Compassion”
From June 26th to July 3rd 2017, Belgium
The Institut Pleine Conscience is honored to welcome Bob Stahl and Jan Landry in Belgium for a 7-day silent retreat in June-July 2017. A long-time practitioner and teacher, Bob Stahl will offer with Jan Landry a traditional Insight Meditation Retreat where sitting meditation will alternate with walking meditation. There will also be times for “practice discussions” (interviews). These teachings and practices will emphasize quieting the mind, opening the heart, and developing clarity and depth of practice. Instruction will follow the traditional four foundations of mindfulness and combined with training in loving-kindness and compassion.
Who should attend
This retreat is suitable for anyone wishing to deepen their practice and cultivate further understanding Insight Meditation. It may also be of interest to those teaching or aspiring to teach mindfulness in healthcare, psychology, education, science, government, or in the business and corporate sectors. This retreat fulfills the prerequisite for the Center For Mindfulness professional trainings and is thus appropriate for anyone on the MBSR teacher training pathway, as well as active Mindfulness teachers and open to anyone interested in the practice of mindfulness in a traditional retreat format.
This is here an exceptional opportunity to deepen our practice of mindfulness and to continue this inner journey with the guidance of a very heart-based teacher.
Please, note that this retreat is in silence. The daily talks will be given in English, with a translation in French.
Bob Stahl, Ph.D. has founded seven Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programs in medical centers in the SF Bay Area and is currently offering programs at Dominican Hospital and El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos and Mt. View.
Dr. Stahl serves as a Senior Teacher for Oasis Institute for Mindfulness-Based Professional Education and Training at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Bob is coauthor of 5 books: A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, Living With Your Heart Wide Open, Calming the Rush of Panic, A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook for Anxiety, and MBSR Everyday. Bob is the guiding teacher at Insight Santa Cruz and a visiting teacher at Spirit Rock.
Bob is a long time teacher in the Insight Meditation tradition, he has lived more than 8 years in a monastery with Forest Monks. Today, he is the guiding teacher at Insight Santa Cruz and a visiting teacher at Spirit Rock. He also teaches retreat every year in all continents.
Jan Landry, BSN MA, has worked in the field of hospice care both as a nurse and as a chaplain, for over 30 years. Her work in the field of death and dying, serves as an ongoing reminder of how precious each and every moment of life is, and informs her meditation practice which has developed and deepened over many years.
She is a yoga practitioner, a student of the Ridhwan School and of life.
As a teacher of mindfulness meditation, she hopes to support others in cultivating a practice of mindfulness that fosters awareness and deep listening to the inner wisdom of one’s own heart.
- When: June 26th to July 3rd, 2017
- Where: Ferme de Bois-le-Comte, Villers-devant-Orval, Belgium, in the heart of the Ardenne forest. Information on itinerary. Airport: Brussels; train station: Florenville; then carpool.
- Registration fees include the organisation of the retreat and the accomodation:
- Organisation: 322,31€ + VAT (21%) = 390€ VAT included
- Accommodation: rooms are simple and comfortable. They all have their private bathroom. Even if we will do our best to meet your choice, we can not garantie it as it will depend upon availability. Meals are organic certified and vegetarian.
- Double room: 534,91€ + VAT (6%) = 567€ VAT incl. / per person for 7 nights (including full board)
- 3 à 5 person room: 449,06 + VAT (6%) = 476€ VAT incl. / per person for 7 nights (including full board)
- Dana: The registration fee is only for the organization and does not include the fee for the teacher, so we ask for a “Dana” for the teacher. Dana (pronounced “dah-na”) is a Pali word meaning generosity. This practice dates back to the ancient times and comes from the conviction that the teachings may be outweighed by any material values and that they should be accessible to all and be given freely, since they are considered priceless. Therefore, the teachers offer their work for free. Bob Stahl and Jan Landry offer their teachings in this perspective. However, to allow their livelihood and their other teaching activities, they have to rely on voluntary donations at the end of the course. There will be an opportunity for each participant to contribute at the end of the retreat and to donate something to help the teachers in his work. Everyone is asked to give as much and appropriate as it is possible. You can also easily rely on what such seminars usually cost, and if this helps, we can give you some idea of a usual cost.
- Fill in the online form available here.
- Pay the registration fees (the banking information will be available at the end of the online form).
- Once your form and your paiement received, we will send you a confirmation for your registration.
Be aware that places are limited. Registrations will be taken in the order of reception of the form and the payment. We will not be able to hold a place without receiving paiement. Thank you for your understanding.
If you need to contact us about this retreat, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org